Sustainability Professional | Social Enterprise & Women’s Rights Advocate | Storyteller
Based out of Singapore and Indonesia, as Head of Summits and Sustainable Events, Trang leads a global sustainability and diversity and inclusion project for Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk).
Highlights of her sustainable events work include:
- developing Refinitiv’s first sustainable events policy;
- launching the company’s first diversity and inclusion policy targeted at creating more diverse speaker faculties and more accessible events;
- rolling out a venue sustainability screen globally to ensure that sustainability is embedded as a key criteria in sourcing processes;
- going plastic-, paper-, and merchandise-free at key proprietary events;
- replacing give-aways with a donation to charities committed to the UN SDGs;
- actively engaging social enterprises as event suppliers;
- developing a post-event sustainability scorecard to measure the effectiveness of the policy, and to eventually integrate event sustainability in the company’s annual sustainability report.
In addition, she divides her time as Asia Correspondent for Causeartist, looking after the media platform’s coverage of the region, as a freelance contributor to publications focused on social and environmental issues, and as a consultant on international development projects on topics ranging from climate change mitigation to education or women’s rights.
Her previous consulting projects include working on development cooperation with the EU Mission to ASEAN and the EU Delegation to Indonesia, as well as USAID’s Alliance for Sustainable Palm Oil Initiative.