Meeting & Events Australia members are encouraged to sign this Sustainability Charter, powered by the Sustainable Event Alliance.
Upon signing MEA members are offered a year's free access to the Sustainable Event Alliance website.
This charter sets out best practice and intention in sustainability management for events, and acts as a top-level sustainability checklist - so use that to guide your sustainable event management efforts!
What does signing get you?
Signing the sustainability charter will gain you access to these SEA member benefits:
- Complimentary membership to the SEA (value €100 Individuals €200 Events/Orgs)
- Access to the supplier database, and we ask you to contribute to it growing by adding your own sustainable suppliers.
- Access to solutions and resources on the SEA website.
- Membership prices on online training in sustainable event management (value €100)
- Apply for professional sustainability competency accreditation without paying the SEA membership fee. (value €100) which is recognised under MEA's CPD programme.
- Join the Facebook Group 'Event Sustainability Wranglers Worldwide Chat' to interact casually with others working in this field.
- Join the SEA's Slack workspace to likewise interact with a world of sustainable event professionals.
Becoming a paying member?
If you sign up as a member (AUD$75) of the SEA, then you can...
- Use of the SEA membership logo in association with your event, which demonstrates your commitment to sustainable event management.
- Individuals or companies which are 'green event producers' can be listed on the SEA database, if they are or have an SEA Accredited Sustainability Specialist in their team.
- Be featured in our social media.
- Support this professional guild to be able to continue to support sustainable events!
Sign the Charter
As a member of Meetings Events Australia, we pledge to support the following when undergoing planning and implementation of an event:
Commitment, communication, leadership
Sign the charter
The Sustainable Event Alliance is a professional guild for event sustainability practitioners, specialists and experts.
Our supplier and solutions databases help you fast track your event towards being clean, green, zero-waste, fair, friendly, and climate responsible.
This website is hosted on renewable energy powered servers. View our certificate.
© Sustainable Event Alliance. All rights Reserved